This 12 days course is intended to equip participants with the necessary knowledge and skills to provided comprehensive HIV care to children and adults infected with HIV.
Course objectives: By the end of this course participants will be able to
– Organize and run HIV Care/ART service delivery setup
– Perform PITC (adults and pediatrics)
– Do Clinical evaluation of patients coming to the HIV Care/ART clinic
– Diagnose OIs
– Provide prophylaxis in particular CPT and INH
– Treat STI using syndromic approach
– Manage exposed and Infected infants and children
– Request and interpret laboratory tests
– Prepare patients to be started on ART, adherence counseling, patient tracking, out-reach services.
– Identify clients who need PEP and prescribe
– Prescribe 1st line ART for adults and children, in uncomplicated cases including eligible pregnant women
– Diagnose treatment failure and treat/send for possible second line regimen
– Provide comprehensive Palliative care
– Provide age appropriate HIV disclosure to children
– Refer patients who need referral to a better setup.
– Have sufficient knowledge on PMTCT, TB- DOTS, and linking ART patients to other services
– Practice universal infection prevention protocols
– Document and use data at the facility base and report – Monitoring and Evaluation of HIV care services
Course delivery format
The course is delivered by modular type of training using variety of teaching methodologies and includes skill station and practical clinical attachment.
How to pass
Participants have to score a minimum of 70% out of 100% in the post test.
This training course is intended to train all health cadres at all levels of health care tier including physicians, health officers and nurses.
Any requirement to complete and take the course
Complete the registration form and make the required payment.
Course Contact Person
Sr. Martha Fekadu,ALERT Training Center Directorate Director , firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, Tel: 0931325520.